CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 15, 2011

how do i communicate effectively with others??

assalamualaikum....moshimoshi...
now i want to tell how do i communicate effectively
with others???

Have self-worth

Self-worth is analogous to self-confidence. The better i feel about yourself, the more confident i going to be. With self-worth, i can get what i want out of every conversation. Without self-worth i’ll be stuck in small-talk. In order to get what i want out of a conversation, i must give the other person a chance to believe that i worthy of their time and effort.

Get interested in other people

People have two stations which other people can listen to, WIFM (what’s in it for me) and WIFO (what’s in it for others). WIFM is boring for people to listen to. Most people are interested in themselves. People want to be flattered, and i can do this by letting the other person talk about myself, by changing the channel to WIFO.

By changing the channel to WIFO, i have just led the person to feeling good about myself. Since i were the one who made them feel good about myself, i will be indebted to me and will want to pay i back by helping me out with what i wanted them to do for me.

Listen at least two times more than i talk

i have two ears and one mouth for a reason. Therefore, i should listen twice as much as me speak. To show that my listening effectively, i must ask follow-up questions. A follow-up question shows the other person that my listening, and perhaps equally important extends the length of the conversation in a good way. For example, somebody tells me they love to hike. Ask, why do you like to hike? What is it like to hike? I was interested in hiking; could you give me some basic advice on hiking? By showing my listen, and by extending the conversation, i really open up a person’s heart.

Diversify myself

Learn about sports, dancing, even television shows, etc. This gives me subjects to talk about, as well as chances to meet new people. In cases such as dancing, where i meet people as you perform the activity, i actually killing two birds with one stone. i get the chance to meet new people, plus the chance to diversify yourself, as well. It also gives my status, essential for getting the most out of any conversation. For people are more attracted to somebody who is diversified, and has a lot to talk about. Being diversified is an important commodity for anyone to have.


0 comments: